Thursday, June 30, 2011

Incy Wincy Spider - English Rhyme and Hindi Too!

This one is another favourite of pre-primary children. I guess it's something to do with the creepy-crawlie spider. All disgusting and interesting at the same time! Here it goes:

Incy Wincy Spider
Climbed Up the Water Spout
Down Came the Rain
And Washed the Spider Out
Up Came the Sun and Dried Up All the Rain
And Incy Wincy Spider Climbed the Spout Again!

Wikipedia tells me that there are other version, one goes "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and another goes "Ipsy Dipsy Spider"! And apparently there is a short film too about this enterprising spider.

And I found this lovely rhyme-in-pictures!




My son also learned the Hindi version of the rhyme at his daycare. It goes like this:




इंसी विंसी मकड़ा ऊपर चढ़ गया
बारिश आई तो नीचे बह गया
फिर धूप निकली तो पानी सूख गया
और इंसी विंसी मकड़ा फिर ऊपर चढ़ गया!

I wonder if there are any other language versions of this little kiddy rhyme!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed the post? Why not let me know.
Spotted scope for improvement? Please let me know.